1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitor suddenly in power saving mode

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JoesFirstSteps, Aug 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JoesFirstSteps

JoesFirstSteps Thread Starter

Hello! A week ago the problems with my monitor started. It suddenly went in power saving mode and I couldn't do anything. I rebooted my computer and my screen was really creepy, like the one the TV has when it's no signal. I then rebooted in safe mode with networking. I uninstalled my graphics driver and installed again. I then did that again and installed another one, the one I have now. For a day everything worked fine and I thought my problem was gone, but it happned again and now it happens more often. At first I would see "ANALOG OUT OF RANGE 28.0 kHz / 53 Hz" sign when the monitor shut down, but now that doesn't happen anymore.

I have an LG Flatron L1960TQ monitor. I tried to change the screen resolution as I thought it might be a problem, and it seems as if when it's only 800 x 600 it works more than usually, but the problem still occurs. Another thing that happens when I reboot the computer after the monitor shuts down is that sometimes some lines appear on the whole screen. They appear from the start, when the BIOS message appears and don't dissappear until I reboot again (sometimes not even then). If I take a print screen they don't appear. When that happens most of the time the graphics are very low quality too, lower than they should be.

At the moment I am in safe mode as I can't turn it on normally. The monitor whether shuts down when the welcome screen should appear or when the Windows loads it freezes and nothing can be done, I have to reboot. I am sure it will eventually work, but the problem will occur again, like it did before. If you need any other information I will try again to restart normally so I can run any applications that are required.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 6
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 1023 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT, 1 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 20002 MB, Free - 9536 MB; D: Total - 218462 MB, Free - 167752 MB;
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., P5L1394
    Antivirus: None

2. Netghost56

Netghost56

Did the image quality change after you switched drivers?

3. Netghost56

Netghost56

ANALOG OUT OF RANGE 28.0 kHz / 53 Hz usually happens when your settings are too far out of wack. Seems like your refresh rate was way too low.

800x600 at 60 Hz is about as low as you want to go.

Your computer saves your monitor settings. Have you done a check for malware??

4. JoesFirstSteps

The image quality was as good as before and I like it, but it sometimes happen to open even safe mode in 4bit so I guess it comes from that. Before the monitor shuts down the quality is good.

And no, I haven't check for malware. Do you recommend Malwarbytes' Anti-malware for that?

5. Netghost56

Netghost56

6. JoesFirstSteps

I will post the lof because I am not sure if I should remove all of them and I want to be sure :)

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.75.0.1300
    www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: v2013.08.06.04

Windows XP Service Pack 3 x86 NTFS
    Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702
    cosmina :: HOME-BFC143D5FA [administrator]

8/6/2013 6:41:41 PM
    MBAM-log-2013-08-06 (18-51-22).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
    Scan options enabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM
    Scan options disabled: P2P
    Objects scanned: 250724
    Time elapsed: 8 minute(s), 47 second(s)

Memory Processes Detected: 0
    (No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Detected: 0

Registry Keys Detected: 3
    HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Settings\{EEE6C35C-6118-11DC-9C72-001320C79847} (PUP.Optional.SweetPacks) -> No action taken.
    HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{EEE6C35C-6118-11DC-9C72-001320C79847} (PUP.Optional.SweetPacks) -> No action taken.
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\SETUP.EXE (PUP.Optional.Tarma.A) -> No action taken.

Registry Values Detected: 0

Registry Data Items Detected: 1
    HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced|Start_ShowMyDocs (PUM.Hijack.StartMenu) -> Bad: (0) Good: (1) -> No action taken.

Folders Detected: 3
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Tarma Installer (PUP.Optional.Tarma.A) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Tarma Installer\{361E80BE-388B-4270-BF54-A10C2B756504} (PUP.Optional.Tarma.A) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Tarma Installer\{361E80BE-388B-4270-BF54-A10C2B756504}\Cache (PUP.Optional.Tarma.A) -> No action taken.

Files Detected: 7
    C:\Documents and Settings\cosmina\Local Settings\Temp\Shortcut_SimDSetup.exe (PUP.Optional.SweetIM) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\cosmina\Local Settings\Temp\OptimizerPro.exe (PUP.Optional.OptimizePro.A) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\cosmina\Local Settings\Temp\mgsqlite3.dll (PUP.Optional.SweetIM) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Tarma Installer\{361E80BE-388B-4270-BF54-A10C2B756504}\Setup.dat (PUP.Optional.Tarma.A) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Tarma Installer\{361E80BE-388B-4270-BF54-A10C2B756504}\Setup.exe (PUP.Optional.Tarma.A) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Tarma Installer\{361E80BE-388B-4270-BF54-A10C2B756504}\Setup.ico (PUP.Optional.Tarma.A) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Tarma Installer\{361E80BE-388B-4270-BF54-A10C2B756504}\_Setup.dll (PUP.Optional.Tarma.A) -> No action taken.

(end)

7. Netghost56

Netghost56

I would just follow the instructions it gives you- if it doesn't show any viruses, trojans, or rootkits active then you're pretty much OK. Just figured you need to eliminate that as a suspect.

8. JoesFirstSteps

I removed what needed to be removed :) I really do hope it works. Should I switch back to my old screen resolution to see if it is okay now? It might take a while for the montior to turn off or it will be very quick. Hopefully it won't happen again.

9. Netghost56

Netghost56

I don't think that will fix it that easily, but no harm in giving it a shot. I would also increase the refresh rate to at least 60 Hz, if you haven't already.

10. JoesFirstSteps

The refresh rate is at least 60 Hz, it can't be less. I was thinking if changing the hardware acceleration would help in any way.

11. Netghost56

Netghost56

If you're not using full acceleration I would go with that.

12. JoesFirstSteps

It happened again. I have to enable VGA mode now because normally, just after the welcome screen, the monitor is shutting down :-/

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1105411

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice