1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitor that I just can't see.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Dayle, Sep 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Dayle

Dayle Thread Starter

I repair computers in my free time and was recently given a monitor by a friend to repair for him. The monitor is a Gateway EV700A and seems to work ok, except for the fact that you can barely see anything on the screen. I was able to make out the fact that the brightness and the contrast are turned up to 100%. I was wondering if there could be some adjustment that got messed up some how or if the the CRT tube is just shot. Any info would be great.
    Thanks in advance.
    Dayle

2. norton850

norton850

Monitor probably dying. You can try it on another system, but most likely it will be the same. If you turn the brightness up on the video card control you might be able to see enough to make it usable.

3. LukeW

LukeW

check to see if any of the pins are bent

4. Dayle

Dayle Thread Starter

I checked there is no bent pins.

5. Dayle

Dayle Thread Starter

I belive that I have another gateway monitor that when you plug it in it seems to work fine but if you try to adjust any thing in the monitors menu you cannot exit the menu. Also I noticed that if you leave the monitor on for a few minutes the screen will go black but the power light stays on and the only way to get the monitor back on is to unplug it and plug it back in. I wonder if there is a way to combine the two bad monitors to make one good one??

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/274296

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice