1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitor too close to tower dangerous?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dalearyous, Feb 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dalearyous

dalearyous Thread Starter

ok right now my monitor is roughly 10inches from my tower. i have heard that the magnets in the hard drives can mess up your monitor if placed too close. although i was never able to confirm this. should i move my tower? i figured 10 inches was plenty. there are no speakers even close to monitor. but i am considering buying a nice new monitor and i woud like to know before i place it where my old one was

it could just be my monitor it is old and cheap and is getting darker and darker and little lines are beginning to form.

any thoughts plz

2. ih8tmycmptr

ih8tmycmptr

i wouldnt worry about your HDs messing up your monitor, unless you put a magnet on the screen your okay. definetly keep large powerfull speekers away from your Hard drives they are more sensitive.

3. A Hawk

A Hawk

Shouldn't be a prob as long as there is enough room for air flow which there is. With desktops the monitor usually sits on top of the case, you can't get much closer then that:D

4. dalearyous

dalearyous Thread Starter

yeah good point. i guess my monitor is dying. im looking at 22" CRT NEC/Mitsubishi monitor for around 610 dollars. the LCDs just dont' cut it while playing games unless you spend over thousand dollars which i don't have

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/207447