1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

monitor trouble??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mudvayne, Dec 28, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mudvayne

mudvayne Thread Starter

first of all i have to say that, i'm complete dumb *** with computers. so try and understand, ok good thanks
    couple of days ago i bought a scanner and started to install the drivers for it. everything went fine untill the install-program asked if i'd like to start my computer again. i chose no because i had more of software to install: my monitor went to power save mode and wouldn't come alive. i thought ok and snapped the power off from monitor and computer. started them again, got to windows and started the installing again. this time when it asked will you restart now or later, i chose now. install softwares own restart-program started and it got out of windows, monitor went to power save mode but... computer did not start again. monitor stayed in power save mode and computer had power on.
    please help me, what the____ should i do?

editted out the four letter word, please refrain from using, it is against the board rules.

2. brianF

brianF

Your going to have to try booting up in safe mode, press F8 just after the memory count and choose safe mode. Once in windows uninstall the offending software.

That is of course you can see the monitor while booting.

Other thing would be to reset cmos by removing the battery for awhile, you would have to reconfigure your hard disks in setup afterware unless there set to auto detect.

3. mudvayne

mudvayne Thread Starter

thank you
    i havent tried your advises yet but im sure they will help

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63215

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice