1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitor turns Yellow cast

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by AlanSATX, Dec 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. AlanSATX

AlanSATX Thread Starter

My monitor Dell 17in flat screen will dislplay all colors great. But if the cable to the cpu or the monior gets moved or bumped. Or if I am inside my PC installing a card and then close it up and turn it on the display has a yellow cast.
    Could it be the VGA card, the Cable or something else. Where should I start checking?
    Thanks,
    Alan in San Antonio

2. thestig07

thestig07

Is the screen constantly yellow or is it intermittent?

Usually it is caused by faulty GFX card or bad connection with VGA pins. Do you have the VGA cable screws tightened? Is there a bent or missing pin in the VGA slot? Try checking those. Have you tried a different VGA cable?

3. AlanSATX

AlanSATX Thread Starter

I will replace the VGA cord first and then work from there, thanks for the info.

Alan
    ;)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/781536