1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitor-Video Card Confict

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TNT2, Jan 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TNT2

TNT2 Thread Starter

Okay here's the deal. I bought a system kit to build a computer. It came with a KDS Visual Sensations 55p monitor and an NVIDIA Video Card, problem is they won't work together. I've tried installing different monitor drivers and video drivers but the screen goes blank on normal start up before Windows is activated. If I start in Safe Mode then the system will start, can ANYONE HELP ME!!!!!!???:confused:

2. brianF

brianF

this is a fresh install of windows, no previous video cards on this hard drive.

Have you set the bios settings for the card, assign irq for vga enabled, agp memory to minimum 64meg

What is the video card make and model, it's an nvidia chip but who made it

Which drivers have you tried, version number's

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65309

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice