Monitor / Video Card Problem??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rncrogers

I am ready to cry got a new computer on 1/18/03
:( Please Help! :(

My husbands uncle built it and the monitor shuts off buy its self monitor options are set to never!? Green light stays on red ligt blinks but when playing a song and monitor shuts down song skipps! some times :confused: it will do this when computer is on for a min or twenty dont matter! :confused: Seems not to turn off when husband plays games?? Diablo2 online Ive Reformatted 3 times!! Never has worked right for us! :mad: Ready to pull hair out!!!!

:( Please Help!! :( Christine

I am using:
Windows XP
AMD Duron Processor
256 MB Memory
Nividia Video Card
KDS 17 Inch Monitor

Just to make sure I have this correct.....the monitor will turn itself off at random but the computer stays on?.....song skips for a sec but keeps playing, etc?

if thats the case it sounds like a loose connection between the monitor/video card.

tighten the screws on the monitor cable where it plugs in the back.

other possible but less likely causes are heat or malfunctioning/improperly installed video card.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online