1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitor / Video Card Problem??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rncrogers, Feb 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rncrogers

rncrogers Thread Starter

I am ready to cry got a new computer on 1/18/03
    :( Please Help! :(

My husbands uncle built it and the monitor shuts off buy its self monitor options are set to never!? Green light stays on red ligt blinks but when playing a song and monitor shuts down song skipps! some times :confused: it will do this when computer is on for a min or twenty dont matter! :confused: Seems not to turn off when husband plays games?? Diablo2 online Ive Reformatted 3 times!! Never has worked right for us! :mad: Ready to pull hair out!!!!

:( Please Help!! :( Christine

I am using:
    Windows XP
    AMD Duron Processor
    256 MB Memory
    Nividia Video Card
    KDS 17 Inch Monitor

2. Nothingface

Nothingface

Um..hard to tell what you're trying to say.. use complete sentences.

3. Jtoast

Jtoast

Just to make sure I have this correct.....the monitor will turn itself off at random but the computer stays on?.....song skips for a sec but keeps playing, etc?

if thats the case it sounds like a loose connection between the monitor/video card.

tighten the screws on the monitor cable where it plugs in the back.

other possible but less likely causes are heat or malfunctioning/improperly installed video card.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/116927

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice