1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

monitor/video/display color issues

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dtech, Jul 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dtech

dtech Thread Starter

I have a website that has different colors displayed and has some pictures as well. When I look at this website on a friend's computer, the website looks fine - all the colors and pictures display as expected. But on my computer/monitor (Windows XP, Dell Dimension, Dell crt monitor), when I look at the website, the pictures do not show and some of the text colors are not what they shoud be (ex: black instead of purple). In MIcrosoft Word, when trying to set the page background color, the color template comes up fine and show different colors to choose from, but when I pick a color, the page background color stays white.

I'm not sure if this is a monitor driver issue or an issue with my video adapter or something else. When I check the monitor type in windows display properties, it shows default monitor as the monitor type. The color quality setting is at Highest(32 bit). Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/729996

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice