1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitor/video display problem.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CompChimp, Apr 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CompChimp

CompChimp Thread Starter

My system is a P3 450/512 with a 17'' CRT montior, radeon 7000 64mb, 384mb sdram running at 1024x768.
    I am having this problem with weird black lines that fade horizontally away from text, pictures, the mouse pointer ect . it is most visible with black text on white background. It usually occurs when i first turn on the Comp, and goes away after it has been on for awhile. I have re-installed windos and i just got the video card, my old one was a tnt 2 ultra. i have tried changing the refresh rate and it helps somewhat but you can still see the cascading lines that drift off of the text. i have the latest drivers and correct color profiles for the monitor. the only way to make it go away completly is changing resilution back to 800x600 but i would like to run at 1024x768? any thoughts?

2. n2gun

n2gun

Welcome to TSG!!

It sounds like the wrong driver for the monitor. Did you get a disk with the monitor? Windows is probably using a generic one and did does not likje the higher setting. Check the monitor's makers website for a program.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/127160

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice