1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitor want light up ??

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by helpme52, Jan 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. helpme52

helpme52 Thread Starter

I just replaced my charger cord, and battery in my Dell Studio 1535 laptop. Charged the battery up 100%, it powers up, but the monitor want light up I can see the stuff loading up just a little, it want go up in brightness either. I have Windows Vista, please help me ???

2. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron

3. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
    To help us help you,please use the TSG System Info tool to let Tech's know the specs of your computer: http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe Copy and paste the results here in your thread. You can use the TSG Info to fill in your computer information in your user profile as well.

4. helpme52

helpme52 Thread Starter

I tried that it still didn't get brighter, anymore suggestions ? Thanks

5. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
    To help us help you,please use the TSG System Info tool to let Tech's know the specs of your computer: http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe Copy and paste the results here in your thread. You can use the TSG Info to fill in your computer information in your user profile as well.

6. huggie54

huggie54

hi,if you have a desktop Pc and monitor take the vga cable(blue) out of the tower and plug it in your laptopnow start your laptop and make sure the monitor is powered up and turned on,it works then your backlight bulb or the inverter may want replacing

7. helpme52

helpme52 Thread Starter

Thanks i am trying it know but the screen still isn't lighting up is there something i should be doing i have me desktop on the monitor plugged into the laptop ??

8. helpme52

helpme52 Thread Starter

Thanks i have my desktop plugged into my laptop both is own still no progress anything else to do ???? need help

9. Rearden

Rearden Banned

Why did you replace the AC adapter and the battery? Did you buy the replacements from Dell? Since the display stopped working after you replaced these things, then it would make sense that the replacements aren't the correct ones.

10. helpme52

helpme52 Thread Starter

I bought them because the cord on the ac charger was bad and the battery was dead, i bought them from dell.

11. Rearden

Rearden Banned

The Dell Studio 1535 looks like a pretty old laptop. I was surprised to see Dell still sold batteries and AC adapters for it. They're pretty expensive though. Both parts failed at the same time? The dim screen indicates another hardware failure although I'm not sure what specific part that would be. I would hate to see you spend any more money on the computer.

12. helpme52

helpme52 Thread Starter

I bought that computer in 2009, the reason why the battery went dead was because my son had messed up the wire in the ac charger so that it wasnt charging fully the light blinked all the time, so thats why the battery went dead. Before it went fully dead the laptop was fine the screen was fully lit.

13. huggie54

huggie54

you do not plug your desktop into your laptop,take the cable with the blue coloured connector out of your desktop computer and connect to your laptop( the other end of this cable should still be conncted to your desktop monitor) then turn monitor and laptop on(this connection is between HDMI and USB on left side

14. helpme52

helpme52 Thread Starter

Thats what I did, the only thing that happen was the laptop screen came up on my desktop screen, and i could operate my laptop like that, it came up on the laptop screen, but fade-out again.

15. helpme52

helpme52 Thread Starter

Any new suggestions, still trying to solve my problem, the screen is coming up some before it fades out, but it comes up good on my desktop screen when i hook the monitor to my laptop ???

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086853

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice