1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitor will not display?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Beast23, Jul 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Beast23

Beast23 Thread Starter

:mad: I can not get my monitor to display anything. I put a different graphics card in my computer and used a different monitor and I still can not get anything to display on my monitor. Can anyone help me?

2. colmaca

colmaca

there's only a few things to do in these cases, try all parts untill you find the one that has died.
    so far you got video is ok(y)
    I would think that the motherboard could be gone but its cheaper to go through the cheapest first sometimes.
    can you get another power supply to try?

3. renegade X

renegade X

With the monitor turned on and unplugged from the computer, does anything display at all (like out of range)?

4. Beast23

Beast23 Thread Starter

I am not getting anything on my monitor even when it is not plugged into my computer, like the out of range or no signal display that it would normally say. What else can I try.

5. colmaca

colmaca

that would point to your monitor is broken, but you said you tryed another monitor?

6. renegade X

renegade X

Yep, that monitor is definatly done mate. If the other is the same, then perhaps the power outlet on the wall maybe faulty.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/483146

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice