Monitor/Windows/Colors/Drivers problem?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ceresnak

After taking my computer home and using my brother's monitor, I brought it back to my own monitor and have TONS of problems which I don't know whether they are related or not. I can't even have the option of 256 colors anymore, can't connect to my network, can't even play music files........windows says the monitor is detected, but 256 colors isn't even an option in the settings................Everything worked fine before I switched monitors temporarily.

Any help would be appreciated..........

I don't know why so many things we're changed with this, but ..

Remove your current Monitor and graphics adapter drivers and re-boot with your driver CD inserted.
When you have your Graphics card re-installed, right click on My Computer and select Monitors. Install your monitor driver. Reboot and try changing your colour settings now and reply to how that goes.

Goodluck.

ceresnak

Unfortunately I tried this and the same thing happened....Still not even an option for 256 colors, which is teh attached monitor and the one I previously used for 5 months.........hmmmm.......

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online