Monitor with a life of its own!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jbox

Lately I've been having serious problems with my monitor. Here's the run down....

When I turn on the computer and login, everything is smooth. Except as soon as my desktop loads the monitor starts to turn off and on and off and on continuously..... the LED also goes on(green) and off (orange).........

At this stage the monitor power button is completely useless. Doesn’t matter how hard I press it, the LCD screen just keeps turning on and off.....

I've found that if I open windows explorer the flashing stops. I have to keep it open though cause as soon as I close it the monitor goes berserk again. :mad: :mad: :mad:

This started about a year ago but only on very rare occasions and back then I would just restart the computer. So I didn't think very much of it. Now, the problem occurs every time I turn on the computer and restarting makes no difference.

None of my mates can explain it so any help will be appreciated.

JB

looks like you need to take it back. hopefully u have a warranty still. what make model and year was it bought?

jbox

The monitor is a packard bell slimview 527. I bought it in 2002. the warranty is gone.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
The good news is that the price of a new one will be less than you paid for that one.....and not to mention, a BIGGER one to boot.

:)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts