1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

monitor woes

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Hepster62, Jan 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Hepster62

Hepster62 Thread Starter

Hi
    I have a Samsung syncmaster 22 inch monitor
    when I turn on my monitor the boot startup screen does not always come on.
    normally when I turn the monitor on the analog/digital symbol should appears, this only does it sometimes and have to do several restarts to get to the boot screen up
    once it's on I have no problems
    I have a amd radeon 4450 card

Graeme

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    The computer/video card have nothing to do with the monitor powering on. You don't even need to turn the monitor off. When the computer is powered off, the monitor will lose the video signal and should then go into power save mode. When the computer is powered back on, the monitor should see the video signal and power on.

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    I agree with Oddba11. There's no need to turn the monitor off and on.

------------------------------------------------------------

4. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    If the Monitor is switched on before the PC is you should see the POST stuff on the screen so there could be something wrong. It may need more time to detect which input is active, analogue or digital. Which are you using ?

Try leaving the Monitor switched on as mentioned and see if that makes any difference.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1140525

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice