1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitor won't come out of standby

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cohlson, Jan 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cohlson

cohlson Thread Starter

OK, I turned off my computer, unplugged everything, fiddled around inside a bit, plugged everything back in, and now the monitor is stuck in standby mode. I've had this problem before (after a power outage) and through a certain series of plugging things in and out and turning things on and off, have corrected it. I think I left the monitor on when I unplugged everything. I install high speed data connections at work and have had this happen at customers homes after I've installed a NIC in their computer, and have corrected it the same way. Does anyone know the magic combination to make the monitor kick in??

2. jmatt

jmatt

Windows 98 Second Edition May Hang Due to System.ini Entry (Q233036)

The information in this article applies to:

Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q233036
    SYMPTOMS
    When you attempt to suspend a computer running Windows 98 Second Edition, the computer may stop
    responding (hang).

3. n2gun

n2gun

also check your video cable to make sure a pin did not get bent over. Have seen that happen a couple times.

4. Catmando

Catmando

Are you sure the problem is the monitor and not the computer? If your computer is not working, the monitor will not turn on because it's not getting a signal from the video card.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113812

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice