1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitor won't recognise video output

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SBlade, Dec 1, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SBlade

SBlade Thread Starter

After recently installing a replacement motherboard on our old Pentium 586 computer the monitor doesn't seem to display anymore.

The video card is correctly installed in the correct PCI slot, but after booting the system, it resorts to suspend mode, and won't recognise any video ouput signal from the computer.

Is there anyway to overcome this?

2. 4 Computer Fix

4 Computer Fix

Does it stay on while booting up?

Will it display in Safe Mode?

Have you checked Device Manager in Safe Mode for Ghost Drivers in Monitors and Display Adaptors?

Is it the monitor going into Suspend or the computer?

Have you tried another monitor on this machine?

3. SBlade

SBlade Thread Starter

The monitor turns on when booting, and then after the comper checks the harddrive, it goes into suspend mode.
    I can't run it in Safe Mode as it's a new motherboard and I'm trying to configure the computer first.
    Trying another monitor didn't prove useful as it too went into suspend mode after about 5 seconds from power on.

I have removed all connection from the motherboard and only left in the power and PC speaker connection (I took out RAM as well) and then turned on the computer. It didn't give me any beeps to indicate that there were any problems, and with the old motherboard put in the same situation, it gave a constant beep indicating that the computer had no RAM.

I have now come to the conclusion that it must be a falty or dead motherboard, as nothing else seems to have fixed the problem.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/60376

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice