1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitor won't sleep after computer upgrades.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by eclpsman, Feb 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eclpsman

eclpsman Thread Starter

Hello all. I recently upgraded my computer hardware and now seem to have a quirk that I haven't encountered before. My monitor is an HP w2007 LCD and is in great shape. I had Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit before with a Pentium D 3.0 ghz dual core, Intel D945GCNL Mobo, 2 GB Crucial DDR2 ram, Nvidia GeForce 7300 GS graphics card, and the same Raidmax power supply that I am still currently using. The monitor and computer would both sleep fine before, and the monitor would sleep on its own after the set mark of 10 minutes. Now, with having upgraded and using the Intel HD graphics 4000 (removed the nvidia 7300) and win 7 64 bit, the computer will sleep if I ask it to or on its own at the preset, but the monitor is having an issue. When it reaches its sleep timer the screen goes black like it is about to shut off, then it pops up the "monitor going to sleep" window and will flash that window every 5-10 seconds, but never shut off. I have reinstalled the Intel HD 4000 driver, having tried both the Gigabyte version and Intel's version. I have tripled checked all of my power options settings. I scrolled through the monitors menu and checked all of that. I searched and searched google and didn't find anyone having this exact issue. Any ideas on what might cause this? Motherboard, cpu, OS and ram are all brand new as of 2 days ago. Any and all help is appreciated :)

2. Robsy128

Robsy128

Is it possible for you to get a driver for the monitor itself? Some monitors have drivers and you might need one.

Aside from that, as long as you've double-checked the power options in control panel... that's all I can think of at the moment.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090141

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice