1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Blakes7, Jan 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Blakes7

Blakes7 Thread Starter

Hi! I'm looking for a monitor. My current monitor has started folding (?) in at the sides occasionally, so I know it's just a matter of time before it goes kaput. I don't want to spend a lot, and i don't have a video card---I use the onboard video. The motherboard is an ASUS M2V-MX SE. The video on it is VIA Chrome9 HC IGP. I've installed updated drivers for it.It's enough video for me.One monitor I'm looking at is an Acer G5 G215HVBbd Black 21.5". I don't know if it comes with a VGA connector. In the details it has---D-Sub, DVI (DVI cable does not included ). I know the digital is DIV, so i'd have to buy an adaptor for that, but I don't know if D-Sub means I'd have to buy that kind of cable for it. This monitor is on sale at Newegg for $100 unti the 23rd. Is this a good idea? Do i need to buy cables no matter what flat screen I get? Any other recommendations? Any and all responses will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    D-SUB is the VGA connector.

3. Blakes7

Blakes7 Thread Starter

Thanks for the response. I've been looking at another monitor---SAMSUNG B300 Series S23B300B Black 23" for $130. Is this a good deal ? Which of these 2 monitors would anyone recommend? Thanks.

4. Blakes7

Blakes7 Thread Starter

I found another one I think is worth a look. It's ---ASUS VH232H 23" Widescreen for $125. Out of these 3 monitors, how would you rate these? Thanks.

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    All the monitors are fine, although personally I despise the Acer family of cheap products. For reviews of each one I'd see what people are saying about each one of them on a site such as www.newegg.com from people who have actually bought them.

6. Blakes7

Blakes7 Thread Starter

Thanks for the responses. I'm going to wait for the next string of sales as the ASUS and the Samsung monitors deals have expired. Thanks.

7. matthewdownloads

matthewdownloads

Just read reviews. To be honest my experience with LCD computer screens is you only are really going to notice a difference if you put two screens side by side. For most, the image quality is pretty similar across the majority of typical home-user screens.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1085808

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice