1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cscompute, Jan 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cscompute

cscompute Thread Starter

I was wondering if the colors that are found in settings are according to the model monitor that you have. Some of the monitors I have, have only 16 colors. Can you download more colors? Is there any way to make more colors and is it really the monitor that decides on the color or is it the program you have like Windows 98 or Me?

2. n2gun

n2gun

The color is basically determined by the design of the monitor. It is controlled by the driver for the monitor as well as by windows and the video card. If all your drivers are up to date then there is not anything more you can do to improve the color. Most of the new monitors are capable of 32 bit or 16 bit color. If you have one that is the next thing is to check and see what the video card is able to handle. Occasionally upgrading the video card will improve the color scheme.

3. cscompute

cscompute Thread Starter

Thank you so much...you explained that so well...have a nice day!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115702

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice