monitor

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

thib4

a friend gave me a buffalo ftd-gd17-cp lcd monitor and it does not have a power supply

does anyone out there know the specs for the power supply
(voltage and amperage)

MCP

It should say right on the casing (near the power inlet) what voltage it requires.

If it uses an external in-line brick, then the voltage will not always be printed on the monitor input.

It will be on the power supply brick, which is the problem - the poster hasn't got it.

I have 2 LCD's here. Viewsonic and HP. They are both 15" models, and appear to have identical power requirements. The power bricks are rated at 12v, 4.16 amps. Different brands of power adapters but identical ratings. Seems logical that you would be looking for similar, with higher current ratings? (5 amp?)

thib4

thanks i found some similar monitors in a search on the internet and the power ratings for the 18 inch lcd was 12 volts and 5 amps and for the 15 inch the power ratings were 12 volts and 4 amps just didnt know if they all ran the same like that with just a little fluctation.

thanks again very much
thib

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online