1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bajsin, Jan 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Bajsin

Bajsin Thread Starter

Is there a cable available that would allow me to hook up a television set for use as a monitor for my computer. The TV has a RCA female video input jack. I would need a cable with a RCA male on one end and the standard connector that attaches to the computer on the other. Or, do you know of another way to rig this up so it will work? Thanks.

2. Shadow2531

Shadow2531

3. swwelsh

swwelsh

You would need a video out jack on the computer video card, or some sort of special adapter to change the signal to something the tv can understand. Also, a tv has much lower resolution than a monitor, it is very difficult to read text on a tv. I have a Matrox dual head card with tv out, and it is usable for playing videos or games on the tv, but not as a monitor to do normal work

4. Bajsin

Bajsin Thread Starter

Thanks for your help. I agree that the TV monitor would not be suited for text. I was going to use it for a computer that my kids use for games. Thanks again!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65926

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice