1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitoring ones total network traffic

Discussion in 'Networking' started by dbailey18, Jan 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dbailey18

dbailey18 Thread Starter

Is there some sort of software available to install on ones system to monitor all devices on your network and compile a monthly bandwidth usage log file so I could be ready to have some check's and balance's in place when charging one for their bandwidth usage is going to be the norm for anyone with Cable service and probably everything else Satellite, etc.? I have Time Warner and their Ultimate Internet package which is great with the up load speed of 5 mbps and downloads at 50mbps it's just that since they have their way of giving you a report each month of ones usage I would like to be able to compare my self with my own results . I have come across several program's you can Install on each and everything you own as far as computers but now way to monitor TV's and printer's , etc.
    I'm using Motorola Surf Board SBG6580 and they have nothing on their web site period to use with this modem/router. I would be very grateful of any suggestions on this issue I have .

2. Phyxiis

Phyxiis

3. dbailey18

dbailey18 Thread Starter

Phyxiis; I noticed this site in my online searches yesterday and thought about given it a go , so since you have also recommended it will go at it and see what I can turn up. Thanks for the link !

4. Phyxiis

Phyxiis

No problem. The Network Engineer/Network Admin is trying to convince the Director of IT to buy it (close to $7,000).

Not sure how to set it up, but best of luck!

5. dbailey18

dbailey18 Thread Starter

I would like to say it is installed on my machine and was not all that problematic, there is a wizard of some sort at the beginning of the install if ones chooses to use it and looks as though the only devices a person could possibly track would be a device with an ip address. So basically that is all I need once I set up to configure my modem/router's ip and start creating daily or monthly log's which ever option I have from within the software to track up load and down load usage in what ever format it has to offer which is going to require some reading on my part, I hope I have the option to track in Mb or Gb's . Later, and will try to keep thing's up dated here as far as my result's.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1085048

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice