1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitoring Software Required

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by barryzito777, Sep 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barryzito777

barryzito777 Thread Starter

Mar 5, 2009
    Hello All,

I work IT for a local middle school that runs about 20 student laptops per class. Lately we've noticed that there are students who've found ways of goofing off and going to youtube and watching videos or what have you (as one would naturally suspect). Anyways, I now find myself in need of some sort of monitoring software that would allow us to catch kids in the act of goofing off and not staying on task. Can anyone recommend any commercial software for this? Our computer total is at 95 and ideally we'd like to be able to monitor all screens so that we can find out who's not doing their work when they're supposed to. Of course minimum pricing is preferable since we're a public school and are therefore on a budget. Thanks for the help!
  2. md2lgyk

Jul 3, 2003
    Simple, free solution: Catch a kid goofing off, take the laptop away. Problem solved. I don't believe school systems should be providing laptops anyway.
  3. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Mar 9, 2009
    Aren't those sites supposed to be blocked?

What browser?

Are they allowed to use USB flash drives (U3...)?
  4. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Dave Trusted Advisor

Nov 11, 2002
    The filtering should be taking place at the school server not individual PCs.
  5. buffoon

Jul 16, 2008
    and we don't really assist in surveillance measures, so, belated as may be, closing this.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1068863