1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitors act as if they're connected to different systems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ZgazenaMacka, Feb 20, 2020.

Advertisement
  1. ZgazenaMacka

ZgazenaMacka Thread Starter

Hello people.
    I'm having this problem since I bought new monitor. Before that I had an old TV and PC Monitor connected with HDMIs.
    Now that I bought a new Monitor and replaced the old one I have TV and New PC Monitor connected to the PC.
    The problem is that they act like they're connected to different PCs.

Example:
    Searching youtube on primary monitor shows me suggestions that were searched before, but when I slide youtube google chrome tab to the old TV, searching youtube shows no suggestions that were searched on primary monitor.

Also, whenever I turn secondary(TV) on my primary(Monitor) turns off for a second until the secondary is fully turned on... I'm confused because I've never encountered anything like that.

Thank you all

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, Build 18363, Installed 20191113200857.000000+060
    Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 23 Model 8 Stepping 2, CPU Count: 12
    Total Physical RAM: 16 GB
    Graphics Card: Radeon RX 590 Series
    Hard Drives: C: 222 GB (140 GB Free); D: 931 GB (142 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd B450 TOMAHAWK MAX (MS-7C02), ver 1.0, s/n J716287051
    System: American Megatrends Inc., ver ALASKA - 1072009, s/n To be filled by O.E.M.
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

2. Oddba11

Oddba11 It's My Birthday!

First Name:
    Jim
    The search issue, would be a Chrome issue.

The monitoring turning off is likely related to HDMI sync. You state "old TV", so I assume the HDMI handshake is just slow. It's not uncommon for monitors to flicker during this process.

3. ZgazenaMacka

ZgazenaMacka Thread Starter

Yeah, it's LCD but older version for sure. Even small text is not sharp enought but it's good for watching movies from bed :D
    Anyways, do you know anything about search history being saved different depending on which HDMI I use search on youtube?

4. Oddba11

Oddba11 It's My Birthday!

First Name:
    Jim
    I've never seen that, nor can I reproduce it. I can move my browser to any of my monitors and it's the same.

I stated it would be a browser issue as the browser stores the search info in your profile.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1240569

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice