1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitors and TV flickering when using GTX1060 DisplayPort

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sonderu, Nov 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sonderu

sonderu Thread Starter

Hello Tech Support Guys, I have this problem for a while now and I need your assistance.

I have a GTX1060 6gb and anything I try to plug in my 3 displayports flickers, 'goes blackscreen' and shows a lot of tearing. It happens in and out of games. It doesn't happen on the DVI or the HDMI ports.

I do have a monitor that supports both HDMI and displayport, but since I use a VR headset, having to plug and unplug the HDMI cable to use VR is annoying (Oculus CV1 uses HDMI). Also, freesync would be great.

My progress so far:
    **I have noticed that, the lower the resolution on the monitor (and the refresh rate), the better the displayport performs. "Great" at 1024 x 768 resolution. It's a usefull trick to use while playing in VR.
    **already tried two displayport cables and two displayport to hdmi adapters.
    **already tried using DDU to reinstall my nvidia drivers​

Anyone have any idea of what is happening?
    Are my 3 displayports damaged?
    Should I keep using the displayport or is it a risk for my monitor?

My current monitor: ( lg.com/us/monitors/lg-29WK600-W-ultrawide-monitor )
    ---------------
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 10
    Processor Count: 6
    RAM: 16320 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, -1 Mb
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., B360M AORUS Gaming 3-CF

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Output should be the same over all three of those outputs. The only thing specific to DP which comes to mind is if you have G-Sync enabled in the nVidia drivers.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1236102

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice