1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitors and windows 7 settings.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by producerlawson, Dec 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. producerlawson

producerlawson Thread Starter

Hi,

I recently noticed the lack of power on my pc and things failing, such as I tried plugging my powered usb hub with pro tools on it onto my front usb slot (2.0) on my pc.
    It gave me bsod, I tried it with out it and certain things stopped working..

I then logged on this morning to find all three screens were rearranged, I've managed to get the size resolution back to normal on two.. but the main one (which is the biggest) wont go back to its original resolution and seems to been too big and block (things are also half of the screen).
    Is there a setting I can alter to give me more options for a larger resolution on windows 7? or is it just a memory problem?

And yes.. I have tried restarting and swapping the cables around.

My system info:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 11
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 3069 Mb
    Graphics Card: SndTVideo, 3 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 943556 MB, Free - 762760 MB; D: Total - 10239 MB, Free - 7 MB; K: Total - 953866 MB, Free - 730350 MB;
    Motherboard: Dell Inc, 0PP150, A00, ..CN7082184S30C0.
    Antivirus: None

Any help is appreciated, thank you

I have a Samsung SyncMaster P2050, a monitor with no branding.. hard to find them in stores too.. (19 inch I think) and a Samsung SyncMaster P2250 which is the one with the problem.

2. D-Berd

D-Berd

Download WhoCrashed from this link

http://www.resplendence.com/downloads

This program checks for any drivers which may have been

causing your computer to crash....

Click on the file you just downloaded and run it.

Put a tick in Accept then click on Next
    Put a tick in the Don't create a start menu folder then

click Next
    Put a tick in Create a Desktop Icon then click on Install

and make sure there is a tick in Launch Whocrashed before

clicking Finish
    Click Analyze
    It may want to download the Debugger and install it Say Yes

WhoCrashed will create report but you have to scroll down

to see it
    Copy and paste it into your next reply

3. producerlawson

producerlawson Thread Starter

System Information (local)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

computer name: PRODUCTION-ROOM
    windows version: Windows 7 , 6.1, build: 7600
    windows dir: C:\Windows
    CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz Intel586, level: 6
    4 logical processors, active mask: 15
    RAM: 2147483647 total
    VM: 2147352576, free: 1918877696

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Sat 25/12/2010 11:38:57 GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\122510-32292-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: dalwdm.sys (dalwdm+0x8DF9)
    Bugcheck code: 0x1000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFFFFF98417DF9, 0xFFFFFFFF8E19779C, 0xFFFFFFFF8E197380)
    Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\dalwdm.sys
    product: Pro Tools®
    company: Avid, Inc. All rights reserved.
    description: 32-bit Abstraction Layer Driver
    Bug check description: This indicates that a system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: dalwdm.sys (32-bit Abstraction Layer Driver, Avid, Inc. All rights reserved.).
    Google query: dalwdm.sys Avid, Inc. All rights reserved. SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M

On Sat 25/12/2010 11:38:57 GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrpamp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x1E)
    Bugcheck code: 0x7E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFFFFF98417DF9, 0xFFFFFFFF8E19779C, 0xFFFFFFFF8E197380)
    Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a system thread generated an exception that the error handler did not catch.
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: ntkrpamp.exe .
    Google query: ntkrpamp.exe SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

On Thu 09/12/2010 21:37:49 GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\120910-24804-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: Unknown (0x00000001)
    Bugcheck code: 0x1000008E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0x1, 0xFFFFFFFFA106F830, 0x0)
    Error: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
    Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: Unknown .
    Google query: Unknown KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M

On Thu 09/12/2010 17:43:00 GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\120910-29733-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: fgliipog.sys (fgliipog+0x4582)
    Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFFFFFC9E00008, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFFAABE5582, 0x2)
    Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
    Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: fgliipog.sys .
    Google query: fgliipog.sys PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

On Tue 07/12/2010 19:52:22 GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\120710-27393-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: nvstor.sys (nvstor+0x14C8D)
    Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x7866749B, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFFFFF8AA28EF6)
    Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\nvstor.sys
    product: NVIDIA nForce(TM) SATA Driver
    company: NVIDIA Corporation
    description: NVIDIA® nForce(TM) Sata Performance Driver
    Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: nvstor.sys (NVIDIA® nForce(TM) Sata Performance Driver, NVIDIA Corporation).
    Google query: nvstor.sys NVIDIA Corporation DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

On Fri 26/11/2010 23:27:10 GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\112610-26754-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlpa.exe (nt+0xA05BC)
    Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x3452, 0x17CBA000, 0xFFFFFFFFC0803880, 0x0)
    Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntkrnlpa.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
    This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time.

The following dump files were found but could not be read. These files may be corrupt:
    C:\Windows\Minidump\122510-35131-01.dmp

Conclusion

On your computer a total of 7 crash dumps have been found. Only 6 could be analyzed. 5 third party drivers have been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

nvstor.sys (NVIDIA® nForce(TM) Sata Performance Driver, NVIDIA Corporation)

dalwdm.sys (32-bit Abstraction Layer Driver, Avid, Inc. All rights reserved.)

ntkrpamp.exe

unknown

fgliipog.sys

If no updates for these drivers are available, try searching with Google on the names of these drivers in combination the errors that have been reported for these drivers and include the brand and model name of your computer as well in the query. This often yields interesting results from discussions from users who have been experiencing similar problems.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is actually responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

4. D-Berd

D-Berd

what is the model number and or service tag of the pc? Try this for now. Download Speedfan http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php (The download link is somewhere in the center of the page) and install it. Once it's installed, run the program and post here the information it shows.
    The information I want you to post is the stuff that is presented on the main screen. It will show temperatures and voltage readings.
    To make sure we are getting all the correct information it would help us if you were to attach a screenshot

To do a screenshot click on the "Print Screen" or the "Prt scr" button on your keyboard.
    * It is normally the key above your number pad between the F12 key and the Scroll Lock key
    * Now go to Start and then to All Programs
    * Scroll to Accessories and then click on Paint
    * In the Empty White Area press and hold the CTRL key and then press the V key
    * Go to the File option at the top and click on Save as
    * Save as file type JPEG and save it to your Desktop
    * Attach it to your next reply

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970696

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice