Monitors lose signal and fans speed up until restart

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

StaleGrain

I’m pretty sure this fits here.
I’ve tried about every solution and might have to update this list if I forget anything. It’s been three very long days.
I’ve tried:

Reinstalling drivers

Rolling back drivers

Reapplying thermal paste to the GPU

Removing and putting the graphics card back in

Switching the graphics card slot

Checked for overheating (none)

Underclocked with Afterburner

Reset Bios to default settings

Changed physx to CPU

Checked PSU connections

Read almost every forum I could find and these were the main solutions. I also have a GTX 1650, which doesn’t require much voltage. I’ve only had the PC for less than a year, so I doubt anything has worn down. The problem started a few months ago but was rare. It’s now made all GPU dependent games unplayable.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Have you removed that GeForce GTX 1650 graphics card completely and tried a different graphics card?
It appears that everything you've tried with that graphics card hasn't resolved the issue.

-------------------------------------------------

StaleGrain

Have you removed that GeForce GTX 1650 graphics card completely and tried a different graphics card?
It appears that everything you've tried with that graphics card hasn't resolved the issue.

I would if I had one, but this is all I have right now. I would ask to borrow one from a friend, but they don’t have any extras. They probably wouldn’t want to give up theirs, either.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Other than that, I don't know what else to advise you. :unsure:

I'll leave you with hardware gaming experts here.
Good luck. (y)

---------------------------------------------------

I had the same problem a couple weeks ago when I tried to play games.

Reinstalling and downgrading the drivers didn't help for me either. What did work was pulling out the graphics card and putting it back in. There

You might try to clean the contacts and socket for the graphics card with a Q-tip and isopropyl alcohol.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I had the same problem a couple weeks ago when I tried to play games.

Reinstalling and downgrading the drivers didn't help for me either. What did work was pulling out the graphics card and putting it back in. There

You might try to clean the contacts and socket for the graphics card with a Q-tip and isopropyl alcohol.
Read post #1.
He already tried that, among other things.

Read post #1.
He already tried that, among other things.

I did read in post #1 that the OP tried reseating the graphics card. I only said to clean the contacts on the graphics card in case their was something on them. The OP did not say he had done that. It might be worth trying that before the OP gives up on the graphics card.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online