1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitors not turning on

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jynxed, Feb 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jynxed

Jynxed Thread Starter

Hi, I have had the issue for a while where my computer starts up but only sometimes will the monitors also start. I have a dual monitor set up and when they do start, everything works fine. However, more and more they now do not start.

What happens:
    When I press the PC On button, the PC turns on as does the keyboard but the monitors do not. They both have power going to them as the power light is on.

- I have tried unplugging the monitors and replugging them. The cables all seem fine.
    - I have tried start up repair

I don't know what else to try. This morning they all turned on but now for the rest of the day everytime I have tried, nothing.

Any help is appreciated.

2. Jynxed

Jynxed Thread Starter

Thank you for replying. The monitors have power. The light to indicate that is on. It is that they won't pick up the signal from the PC. About half an hour ago, they turned back on and Windows went into error disc repair mode and when it finished, the monitors lost signal and went black again and now won't turn back on.

3. dlipman

dlipman

First Name:
    David
    It sounds like the problem is with the computer and may need to be serviced.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1223172

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice