1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitors stay black

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by YukiAkano, Jan 12, 2019 at 3:40 AM.

1. YukiAkano

YukiAkano Thread Starter

Hello everyone. I ran into a somwhat weird issue with my pc a couple of months back.
    I woke up one day and booted my pc up, but the Displays stayed black.
    You could clearly hear over the headset that the pc is booting up properly. Audio was aviable. So i checked the cables and if the GPU is properly in and attached but there was no issue. After fiddling around a little bit they just worked again so i thought nothing much about it.

Yesterday it happened again.
    Not only did they not get a signal after a restart but also there was some weird activity before that.
    I was playing a game called Path of Exile when i got suddenly massive FPS drops. After restarting the game and trying to fix the issue, i saw the windows service System Interrupts hogged a lot the CPU. It got so bad that even on hompages it took forever to do anything.
    So i decided to restart. Both screens stayed black, as in not getting signals.
    After that checking the cables again i decided to completly shut down the pc and unplug the PSU.
    Somehow, after that, it worked again.

I am not quite sure what the issue is. The Card gets at least power. The MSI logo on the side is at least lit up.
    I am really not sure what the issue might be.
    As for my Specs:
    I run:
    Windows 10 (up to date)
    2x8 GB Kits of Crucial Ballistix Sport Series Ram DDR3 -1600
    Asus Z97Pro Gamer Gaming MB
    Intel Core i7-4790k
    MSI Geforce GTX 970 Gaming 4GB
    be quite! Pure Power 630 Watt PSU

I thought it might be the GPU directly, sadly i have no other card to test it out. Then again, its so unconsisten and rare of an issue, currently, to make it hard to test it directly anyway.
    I also thought it could be a Battery issue on the motherboard or and PSU issue.
    I am really not sure and if possible i'd rather narrow it down a bit in case one day i can't get it to run again.

regards Yuki

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Where or how did you see this system interrupt activity ?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1221758

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice