Monitors turn off

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Matubert

So first I have duel monitors. It has happened randomly but as i am playing a game my monitors will randomly turn off yet i can still hear sounds for little bit longer before that goes but the pc stays running till i manually shut it down from the pc itself.
My specs
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 19041, Installed 20201104012920.000000-240
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7500 CPU @ 3.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 9, CPU Count: 4
Total Physical RAM: 16 GB
Graphics Card: Radeon RX 580 Series
Hard Drives: C: 1852 GB (520 GB Free);
Motherboard: MSI Z270I GAMING PRO CARBON AC (MS-7A66), ver 1.0, s/n H316053614
System: American Megatrends Inc., ver ALASKA - 1072009, s/n Default string
Antivirus: Norton Security Online, Enabled and Updated

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Are the monitors connected to the RX580 via the HDMI and the Display Port
Radeon™ RX 580 Gaming Graphics Card | AMD

Is the RX580 running base frequency or boosted

Up to 1340 MHz
Peak Pixel Fill-Rate
Up to 42.88 GP/s
Boost Clock Frequency is the maximum frequency achievable on the GPU running a bursty workload. Boost clock achievability, frequency, and sustainability will vary based on several factors, including but not limited to: thermal conditions and variation in applications and workloads.

Has the tower been opened and a check made for dust build up
Have temps been checked for the card

Please list what you have tried as that will save us both time on me typing guidance notes to something you have already tried

Matubert

I have dusted the inside often enough. Usually first thing i check when it shuts the monitors off.
Just checked the card temp while in a game, it was at 87c max. I have not checked the temp before this though.
Also I wouldn't know if the rx580 is running base or boosted

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Are the monitors connected to the RX580 via the HDMI and the Display Port

87 is a little on the hot side
Power, Temperature, & Noise - The AMD Radeon RX 580 & RX 570 Review: A Second Path to Polaris (anandtech.com)

What is the actual RX580 card - make and full model - RX580 simply indicates the GPU chip - the card could be Asus, MSI, Sapphire etc, and the card could have 4GB of RAM or up to 8GB of ram
Radeon™ RX 580 Gaming Graphics Card | AMD
If you right click your desktop and open AMD Radeon Software

How to Tune GPU Performance Using Radeon Software | AMD
check what is set
IF NOT set automatic - Default
try that and see if that stops the monitor problem.

Matubert

Yes the monitors are connected by the hdmi and display port on the rx580. Did check to make sure it is set to automatic. The card is a Radeon RX 580 with 8gb of ram. It does seem to be working now

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
It does seem to be working now
Cheers
Well if all is OK and you did not make any changes, then of course I have not got a clue what it was
If you did change to default on settings for tune radeon then perhaps that was it.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Cheers
Mark it solved please click mark solved on your opening post

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online