Solved Montior showing small blinking dot

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dano_61

Hello

I logged in this morning and all i saw my computer monitor showing small blinking dot on the top left side of the screen , I changed the VGA cable still the same.

I am running XP and have a Lenovo monitor
Any suggestions

Thank you

Dan

Can you get in the BIOS? Look and see if it is seeing the hard drive. It is possible your hard drive has failed and is trying to boot from something else.

dano_61

Thanks for responding Lynx, i can not get into my computer all i see is the blinking dot

dano_61

I deleted those programs flavalle , i have been using another ant virus for some time

When you say you deleted them I hope you mean "uninstalled" them because deleting a program can cause all kind of problems. Also haveing two antiviruses running at the same time can cause other issues.

Please provide as much detail about your computer as possible.

Need to know the, Operating system, motherboard , is it a manufactured computer (like dell) or custom build ; ie exact MB, exact CPU, exact GPU, Monitor cable, exact ram, exact pw supply, etc. Do not post 16gig of ram; post the exact brand and mode/part# do that for ALL of your parts

dano_61

Ye un installed, computer is a Dell 3000 I can not log in to get more info sorry

managed

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
Allan
You should be able to get into the Bios by tapping F2 just after switching the computer on.

When you say it's a small flashing dot is it actually a short line like this _ ?

managed

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
Allan
Did you try tapping F2 to get into the Bios ? What sort of keyboard is it, Usb or PS/2, wired or wireless ?

dano_61

Thank you all, not sure what happened while moving the hard drive to find the tag number, the monitor came on

First Name
Ken
Dano, I'm as far from an expert as you can get, but your problem sounds eerily similar to what I experienced on my XP computer a while ago. It turned out to be that I was leaving a memory card for my camera in the card reader overnight and when I'd start the computer in the morning, it produced the small blinking dot in the top left corner of the screen. Removing the camera card solved it.

dano_61

Thanks Kenneth, i do not have memory card , the issue fixed it self

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online