Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonfruit Non Flash Player Editor

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Cirroc 
#1 ·
I have a website with Moonfruit, who seemed to have forgotten that Flash Player has stopped being supported and for nearly two weeks are promising a non-flash player editor is on its way but I can't edit my site at all and the only response from their "Customer Service" is to say send us the updates and we will do it for you! Ridiculous anyone know a solution or got round this issue in some way? Strangely when I use my PC at work, when it says "Run this time" when it mentioned flash player is not supported it works, but it doesnt work when on my laptop. Grateful for any assistance

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum, @markg1234.

Most browsers deprecated Flash after December 31, 2020. Therefore, that's likely why you cannot run it on your laptop if you're using a browser such as Chrome, Firefox, or Edge. Do you have Internet Explorer 11 running on your work PC? If so, I suspect that's how you can still run it on there. You can read more about deprecation here.

#3 ·
I am sadly not very tech minded so have no clue how to resolve the issue. All I know is that I cannot edit my website at present and I am not keen on trying to work out how to transfer domains to a company like Wix and hope my website still looks the same.

#5 ·
There is nothing that you can do until Moonfruit sort it out at their end. It means that you cannot change your site until they have replaced Flash in their editor. As to whether it affects how your website is displayed you can view it as a visitor in your browser, make a note as to what is broken and raise that with Moonfruit.
The non flash editor is now up and running though not all the features are available. At present you can only edit text (though you can change between pages for some reason), and remove images, or create a shop. All the other features are not available yet.......

#6 ·
Yeah, the non flash editor is a non usable editor on my machine. Cant do anything with it. Cant change pages, the fonts are all a mess, spacing is way off. These people are a joke. I sent them a note (they should have 24 hr support during this debacle but they don't) and told them to refund my payment and stop the monthly auto-charge until they get their heads out of their sphinxters. To their credit they were actually able to do this. My payment was refunded. This is something they should have already done with everybody. But if you are still paying, tell them to stop charging until they fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.