More Civ IV problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

metalarif

Hey,
I know there have been lots of problems with Civ IV and Windows Vista, but I haven't seen anyone with this problem yet:

I have a Dell XPS M1530 laptop and am not sure what all specs it came with, but I haven't upgraded or customized it at all. I'm not what you would call a computer guy. The OS is Windows Vista.

Anyway, I have no ostensible problems installing Civ IV except that it is a Russian version of the game, but I know how to switch to English script. The problem is that when I try to play the game, it automatically pulls up the Daemon Tools EULA and when I click 'Install,' it claims it can't find the installer. I tried to download the newest version of Daemon Tools on my own from their website, but that didn't resolve the problem at all.

Also, following the path further, I got a pop-up that claimed there were 'Known Problems' with Vista and Civ IV, and I tried to download some patches, but the installation always failed because the file (or whatever) could not locate the already installed Civ IV.

I used to play this on my old laptop (which had XP) and never had any issues, so I don't understand what all is happening here. Any suggestions?

metalarif

Sorry but you've guessed wrong. It's not a pirated file, it is a legitimate disc depite being an import version.

Being the non-computer person I am, I don't understand your line of reasoning, but I DO know that the initial screen that comes up when Civ IV runs presents a list of options: "Install, Play, DirectX, ATI Driver, NVIDIA Driver, and Daemon Tools 3.47." I don't understand the relation between all these because I thought they were all graphics and video related, and if I have DirectX and NVIDIA why is Daemon Tools stopping me, but apparently that is the case.

Sorry for the false accusation, generally Daimon tools is used to mount a cd image on a fake disk drive to fool the game into thinking its retail. I should not have jumped to conclusions.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online