1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

More donations for Tech Support Guy ???

Discussion in 'Site Help, Feedback, & Announcements' started by popeyecartoon, Apr 29, 2010.

Advertisement
  1. popeyecartoon

popeyecartoon Thread Starter

I was going to give some finacial support to the Tech Support Guy site hear by purchasing a few things but when I started with coffee mugs I couldn't believe how fast the expensive $16 mug went up to $32. I was wondering if it just me or do others think $32 is a little much for a coffee mug made in China. I feel if their prices were a little more realistic they would probably receive far more donations through selling the merchandise.

2. oksteve

oksteve

not to mention using it....drinking quietly in the garden and neighbours pop their heads over and ask you to fix that network problem of theirs.

3. Drabdr

Drabdr Moderator

First Name:
    Brad
    I guess I don't understand. Is the mug $16.00 or $32.00?

4. iltos

iltos

this is more a comment about the site than a CD issue.....moving it

5. wacor

wacor Banned

Oh come on move it back

You know this is ripe for some controversy :D

6. LauraMJ

LauraMJ Administrator

7. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

What option did you chose for shipping? Mine ranges from $5.25 Economy to $21.00 One Day to Oregon for all three: Large Mug ($14.99), Mug ($13.99) or the Stein ($16.99).
    Those are US prices, Shipping to Canada may be more, as well as the base price, though the exchange rate today has them pretty close $14.00 US=$14.06 Can.

8. popeyecartoon

Here is what it shows. There really shouldn't be a difference in US or CA price and if so maybe a penny.

Product #: 030-52096825
    In Stock. CAD $16.00 CAD $16.00
    Save Your Shopping Cart!
    Enter your email so you can retrieve your cart from anywhere!
    Email:
    Sample Email | Privacy Policy
    Note: Shopping carts are saved for 30 days. Proceed to checkout to select shipping method.
    Standard CAD $6.00
    Hide shipping options Subtotal CAD $22.00
    Express
    Includes ALL duties and Taxes (GST, PST, HST) CAD $32.00

9. popeyecartoon

Okay I see it differently now but still $22 is a little steep. I did buy some when it realy was the ten year celebration so these could be the remenants which you would think should be a clearance item.

Items CAD $16.00
    Shipping/Handling CAD $6.00

Gift Wrap

Tax CAD $0.00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coupon -CAD $0.00

Subtotal CAD $22.00

CafeCash -CAD $0.00

Gift Certificate -CAD $0.00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Order Total CAD $22.00

10. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

11. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    If you look at the top of http://www.cafepress.com/techguy/ you'll find that only $3.00 of each price actually goes to the site. They're so expensive because Cafepress creates each item as it's ordered (there is no stock). Maybe due to that, very few people have ordered from the store. I'm thinking it may be time to take it offline.

12. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

They are ripping you off
    $3.00
    now i want you and Dan on a potters wheel
    making mugs lol

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/919937

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice