1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

more memory

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gene2k, Oct 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gene2k

gene2k Thread Starter

I'm trying to get more memory for my HP Pavillion 6340. I've had it for 6 years now and I think it is time for an upgrade. Some tips and suggestions would be helpful because I'm not trying to buy a whole new computer.

2. suesman

suesman

How much memory do you have now? Because Crucial's online search tool shows that you can only have up to 256megs.

3. GwizJoe

GwizJoe

This is what I found for your HP:

http://www.crucial.com/store/listpa...D=5032657&PID=1204723&CPE=IL6609&CP=AdvSearch

However...,start saving your money for a newer unit.This older stuff is not going to be around much longer and is already getting higher priced (and harder to find) than more current technology.I recently paid $11 (w/free shipping) for 2 sticks of 64meg pc100 RAM,and bought 4 just to have it available.These pc66 sticks (from link above) cost almost 4 times that...
    Basically,you would be putting excessive money into a unit not really worth it.
    Just my opinion...

4. gene2k

gene2k Thread Starter

I have only 48 right now.

5. gene2k

gene2k Thread Starter

I think that's what I might do I might just start saving up money and buy a new computer. They are getting much cheaper now.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/173306

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice