more people

Afinogenov

there need to be a notice about the chat! if people want instant help they shold go on there

angelize56

Always remembered in our hearts
I believe that the techies or other members don't want to use chat to help with problems...think of what a pain that would be...when chat is really to converse about life and things...not technical troubles! :eek: That's what forums are for. ;) Take care! angel :)

angelize56 said:
I believe that the techies or other members don't want to use chat to help with problems...think of what a pain that would be...when chat is really to converse about life and things...not technical troubles! :eek: That's what forums are for. ;) Take care! angel :)
No doubt. The traffic this site gets in tech. You would be buried before you could get a reply.

Bryan

Bryan
Chat and email are not used to help with problems here. Part of the appeal of this site is the problem is solved in the forum threads so when people with the same issues stop by, they can be helped by viewing what fixed the problem for others. Hope that explains it ...

Its a major pain when people wander into chat looking for tech support. Almost all of them demand help from you until you either help them or leave the chat. Occasionally they will proceed to track down your AIM or email address.

cybertech

Retired Moderator
brendandonhu said:
Its a major pain when people wander into chat looking for tech support. Almost all of them demand help from you until you either help them or leave the chat. Occasionally they will proceed to track down your AIM or email address.
:)

I have never used the chat here at TSG because I've been around long enough to realize it is designed to be a social "forum".

But keep in mind that new folks who hit this site may "wander" into chat thinking that it IS designed for technical help. After all - that is what this site is (mainly) used for.

Just my thoughts. :)

I have never used a chat forum. period. (slow typer) :eek:
This site is really high-volume. When I click on 'New Posts>Excluding Discussions', I can see that the participants here are churning out Answers By The Second to the people who post in the forums. :cool: That's pretty amazing all by itself. (y) (y)

_

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online