1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

More Power Supply Problems?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by depawl, Dec 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. depawl

depawl Thread Starter

I'm building an Athlon system (Athlon 900, ECS K7S5A MB, 256 M SDRAM, ATI 32M video) and everything went pretty smoothly 'till I tried to power it up and nothing happened. No fan, no PS running, no nothing. I searched several posts on this and other forums and have tried the following:
    - jumpered the power-on header on the MB
    - checked all jumper settings and connections
    - removed the board and PS from the case and tried to power it up that way
    - tested voltages from the PS
    - cleared the CMOS jumper.

None of these made any difference. The only possible problem appeared to be the PS. when I jumpered pin 14 to 15 it would run, as would the case fan which I had connected to it. However, when I checked the output voltages (both with the PS plugged into the MB and unplugged) the only pins that registered were
    pins 14 (3.3 v) and pin 9 (5 v). Is this normal or not? Will the other pins only register a voltage once the system is powered up?
    If the PS is ok, any other ideas on what it could be or other troubleshooting I could try?
    Thanks in advance and merry xmas.

2. Rockn

Rockn

Definately not normal. There should also be a 12V source. Here's what should be there:

[​IMG]

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62734

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice