More Power Supply Problems?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

depawl

I'm building an Athlon system (Athlon 900, ECS K7S5A MB, 256 M SDRAM, ATI 32M video) and everything went pretty smoothly 'till I tried to power it up and nothing happened. No fan, no PS running, no nothing. I searched several posts on this and other forums and have tried the following:
- jumpered the power-on header on the MB
- checked all jumper settings and connections
- removed the board and PS from the case and tried to power it up that way
- tested voltages from the PS
- cleared the CMOS jumper.

None of these made any difference. The only possible problem appeared to be the PS. when I jumpered pin 14 to 15 it would run, as would the case fan which I had connected to it. However, when I checked the output voltages (both with the PS plugged into the MB and unplugged) the only pins that registered were
pins 14 (3.3 v) and pin 9 (5 v). Is this normal or not? Will the other pins only register a voltage once the system is powered up?
If the PS is ok, any other ideas on what it could be or other troubleshooting I could try?
Thanks in advance and merry xmas.

Definately not normal. There should also be a 12V source. Here's what should be there:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts