1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

More rHelp with my Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-R6112

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Berti_2001, Apr 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Berti_2001

Berti_2001 Thread Starter

Hi i followed advice and went to the toshiba website to download the lastest driver and firmware for my DVD-ROM, when installing the driver ot says that the file C:\ATAPI does not exist, it asks me whether i want to create it an i say yes, once copied it proceeds with installation, it then creates working copies of AUTOEXEC.BAK and CONFIG.SYS, it carries out various other procedures and says the operation was successful, it then says that i need to copy MSCDEX.EXE into the C:\DOS\ directory. Where do I find this file to copy?

Many Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/221343

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice