More Terrorist Attacks in London?

angelize56

Always remembered in our hearts
BREAKING NEWS

Scotland Yard responding to reports of "incidents" at three London Underground subway stations. Details soon.

angelize56

I just heard on my local news there were three explosions on the underground subway trains....:(

angelize56

Emergencies at three London tube stations -police

Thursday, July 21, 2005 8:23 a.m. ET

LONDON (Reuters) - Police said on Thursday emergency services had been called to three London underground railway stations.

A spokesman at Scotland Yard police headquarters told Reuters: "We can confirm emergency services are responding to reports of incidents at three locations on the underground ----Oval, Warren Street and Shepherd's Bush.

angelize56

Thursday, 21 July, 2005, 12:26 GMT 13:26 UK

'Incidents' spark Tube evacuation

Emergency services have been called to three Tube stations after "incidents", Scotland Yard said.

Police confirmed they had been called to Warren Street, Oval and Shepherd's Bush stations.

There have been reports of smoke coming from the stations and all three have been evacuated.

The whole of the Northern Line has been suspended, along with the Victoria Line and the Hammersmith and City. There are no reports of any casualties.

A spokesman for London Underground said the nature of the incidents was unknown.

One hospital, near Warren St station, has started its emergency plan.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4703777.stm

angelize56

An eyewitness reported seeing a bag explode at one of the stations, Sky News reported. Other reports said that smoke was seen coming out of a train, a fire brigade spokeswoman told Reuters. The reports could not immediately be confirmed.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8655541/

angelize56

London Tube stations evacuated

Thursday, July 21, 2005; Posted: 8:45 a.m. EDT (12:45 GMT)

LONDON, England (CNN) -- Emergency services personnel are attending three different Tube stations in central London following reports of "incidents," police say.

Scotland Yard told CNN Thursday one incident was also reported on a bus in Hackney, in east London. No casualties have yet been reported.

One passenger on an Underground train told Sky TV a traveler's rucksack had exploded on the Tube outside the station.

The reports came two weeks to the day since bombs on three Underground trains in London and a double-decker bus killed 56 people including four bombers.

A Scotland Yard spokesperson told CNN that Warren Street, Shepherds Bush and Oval stations had all been evacuated.

There are no reports of any casualties at this stage, sources told the UK Press Association.

London Underground confirmed that services on three lines -- Victoria, Northern and Hammermith and City -- were suspended following the incidents, according to PA.

No further information is yet available. Passengers at Warren Street reported seeing smoke but police could not confirm this.

Ivan McCracken told Sky News: "I was in a middle carriage and the train was not far short of Warren Street station when suddenly the door between my carriage and the next one burst open and dozens of people started rushing through. Some were falling, there was mass panic.

"It was difficult to get the story from any of them what had happened but when I got to ground level there was an Italian young man comforting an Italian girl who told me he had seen what had happened.

"He said a man was carrying a rucksack and the rucksack suddenly exploded. It was a minor explosion but enough to blow open the rucksack.

"The man then made an exclamation as if something had gone wrong. At that point everyone rushed from the carriage
."

The reports came two weeks to the day since bombs on three Underground trains in London and a double-decker bus killed 56 people including four bombers.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/07/21/london.tube/index.html

angelize56

I'm spending my birthday at the "angelize live at 5" news desk! ;) :D

angelize56

I heard that there might be two unexploded devices...people have been asked to turn off their cellphones....as radio signals can detonate such devices....

Incidents at Warren st, Sheperds bush, oval tube. bus evacuated in hackney (smell of cordite, bus driver says)
Reports of small bang from a bag, Warren st. possible gunshots, armed police entering Hospital. Reports of one injury at Warren st.

All unconfirmed by security forces.

angelize56

Small blasts hit London transport

Thursday, July 21, 2005; Posted: 9:27 a.m. EDT (13:27 GMT)

LONDON, England (CNN) -- Three small devices have exploded at three separate Underground subway stations in London, two weeks after the July 7 terror attacks, police said.

Police said the small blasts happened at Warren Street, Oval and Shepherd's Bush stations.

Scotland Yard also responded to an "incident" on a bus at Hackney Road and Columbia Road in east London. The bus appeared to be intact and a witness said a bomb-sniffing dog was on the scene.

Bus operator Stagecoach said an explosion blew out the windows on the bus but there were no reports of injuries.

"The driver heard a bang he believed came from the upper desk of the bus. The windows were blown out. There are no reports of any injuries
," a Stagecoach spokesman said.

Transport Police told ITN there was an injury when a device exploded on an Underground train near the Warren Street station. There are no other reports of casualties.

The area around the station has been sealed off and a bomb squad is on the scene to check for any other explosive devices.

All three stations were evacuated and the three affected Tube lines -- Hammersmith & City, Victoria and Northern -- have been closed, according to a spokesperson for Transport for London.

Police said they were not treating the evacuations as a "major incident."

Ambulances were called to Oval station at 12:38 p.m. (7:38 a.m. ET), and sent three vehicles. At 12:45 p.m., a call came in from Warren Street. Five vehicles were sent there.

The ambulance service had no details on the Shepherd's Bush station incident.

Bryce Elder, a witness near the Shepherd's Bush station, said there was a heavy police presence but "no real sense of panic."

Police helicopters flew overhead and areas near Shepherd's Bush station were evacuated. Elder said the station was not very busy.

CNN London producer Katie Turner reported a heavy police presence near the Oval station, including about 30 police vehicles. Roads about 500 meters from the station have been blocked off to vehicular traffic, she said.

A woman who was on the train at the Oval station when the incident happened said she did not hear a bang, but saw people pushing themselves into her carriage.

She said there was a general mood of panic, but the train was not packed. The train was moving when the incident happened.

Other people said they smelled sour smoke.

Prime Minister Tony Blair postponed a planned photocall with Australian Prime Minister John Howard, on an official visit to Britain and planned to make a speech later Thursday.

The White House said President George W. Bush has been informed of the incidents, which happened two weeks after the July 7 attacks on the London transit system, killing 52 people and four of the bombers.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/07/21/london.tube/index.html

angelize56

xgerryx: Sure doesn't sound too professional....had it been a true expert terrorist I'm guessing the explosions would have been full-blown!

angelize56 said:
xgerryx: Sure doesn't sound too professional....had it been a true expert terrorist I'm guessing the explosions would have been full-blown!
The material used last week was said to be very unstable.........this could be why they have not detonated explosives..........home made material.

I would think the guy seen running away won't get to far. The efficiency of the Police over there appears to be nothing short of incredible. (y)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online