More Than One App Open At a Time?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

LJFried

Ye Olde Luddite is back.

I have an Alcatel TCL A1, using Android 8.1. I was reading an email from my bank -- they said they would text me a four digit code to enter to verify my account. How do I keep the email window open while I open the Text window to get that code, then switch back to email to send to my bank? Thank you.

TerryNet

Terry
An App will stay open unless you explicitly close it (or the system closes it to save resources). You need not keep a window open.

Assuming it's the same as my Android (Samsung) tablet at the bottom of the screen or just below it press the circle or oval "button" to close the email window. Open the text App and copy or memorize the code; press the "button" with two boxes (or windows) partially overlapped to see your open Apps; tap on the mail App.

LJFried

It worked!! Thanks Terry. I'm a total jerk, what can I say? Thanks.

TerryNet

Terry
You're welcome. :) I had an iPhone for months (or was it years?) before I really understood about an app staying open after closing its window.

You can mark this thread solved using the "Mark Solved" above the first post on this page.

plodr

Liz
Hey, it took me 2 years to figure out how to answer a call on my smartphone! I used flip phones for years and it was obvious on that.
I don't get many phone calls from people I know. When I did and recognized the number, I had to wait until the phone stopped ringing then I'd open contacts and call him or her back.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online