1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

More Trojans!?!?!?, please help, im being trampled (no pun intended)

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by jgeating, Oct 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jgeating

jgeating Thread Starter

Hey guys, i know you're probably sick and tired of the same old trojan problems, and i have another one. I have installed at least a half a dozen trial/freeware anti virus programs and if they are even able to install they haven't been effective.

Here's my problem
    1. The pop up balloon saying im infected (icon is that of this thread's icon), e.g. "System Alert: Malware Threat"
    2. "Internet Explorer Alert!" asking to buy and download software
    3. Another error message, when closed, that opens up an anti virus download page in IE
    4. IE explorer windows that open fairly often, and will keep opening if the computer is left on. Kills the RAM
    5. creates 2 desktop icons with windows security icons, if i delete them, they are recreated withing a minute or so
    6. Kills most network activity other than Firefox and IE, cant log on to gmail, cant download most updates, none of the anti virus programs that require a connection to be made work

Here's what I've done so far:
    1. Webroot Spysweeper, updated it and ran, picked up a few traces, but didn't fix
    2. Then my computer totally crashed, couldn't even run explorer.exe or use the task manager, i reinstalled windows, keeping all my personal data. It allowed me to run again, but the virus was still there
    3. first i ran Hijackthis, saved the log file, but ill post the newest one that i just did recently
    4. Smitfraudfix in safe mode: it ran ok, but nothing happened afterwards
    5. Ad Aware 2007
    6. Dr. Web CureIt!
    7. SUPERAntiSpyware Professional, which i actually thought had worked when it picked up a few trojans missed by the other programs, but i restarted and i was still infected
    8. combofix: did not run in safe mode, but it still completed just fine and nothing happened
    9. (This was actually my third program i ran) AVG Anti-Spyware, ran a full system scan, picked up 41 threats, but it didn't fix (i couldn't update it via the program, but before the scan i went to the update site and manually downloaded the update)

Attached are my four most recent logs from smitFraudfix, combofix, AVG Anti-Spyware, and HJT, with the most recent scans of each completed in that order

also, this is just about my first time ever using a forum, so let me know if i'm following the rules ok and if there is anything i should do differently

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!