1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

More video ??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by padutch, Dec 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padutch

padutch Thread Starter

After having problems trying to install drivers for my NVIDIA RIVA with no success I went out and purchased a new video card.
    I don't need the top of the line so I got a Abit Siluro MX400
    or as it says on the box GeForceMX400. It works with NVIDIA drivers. The drivers came on a CD with the video card. My question is on the CD there is a folder named NVFLASH. In this folder is a Dos4gw.exe and a Nvflash.exe along with a readme file. Ok , I am just a old woodworker and have no idea if I should use either or both of these exe files or just forget about them. Sure hope someone can help me out.
    DUTCH

Attached Files:

2. Rockn

Rockn

Don't worry about those....NVFLASH is probably for flashing the BIOS on the card. Just use the drivers to install the video card....don't use any exe files.

3. padutch

padutch Thread Starter

Thanks Rockin
    I kind of thought they were to flash the bios but couldn't figure out why. I guess I'll take your advice and leave them alone. Unless I can't take the preassure and just have to try them. HA!
    DUTCH

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62094

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice