1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

more xp to vista woes.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by carfund, Jul 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carfund

carfund Thread Starter

Hi,
    I have 3 pcs.
    1 main computer and 2 laptops. both the main pc and one of the lap tops are xp. I have set up a home network and all is fine for those 2 pcs. both lap tops are wireless.
    but I can't get the vista lap top to appear in the home network. I did have it connected then we had some problems getting the printer to work. now the vista laptop can use the printer on the network but we can't share files from it and it can't find the other pcs.
    I have got the vista set on private network and the files are set up for sharing.
    I have tried running the "set up a home or office network" a few times without any luck.
    :confused:

2. carfund

carfund Thread Starter

sorted it, don't know how.
    tried the home network set up one more time and it worked.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!