1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Morpheus music city registry adjustment

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by indigowindow, Dec 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. indigowindow

indigowindow Thread Starter

MY SHARED FOLDER is not defaulting to actually being my shared folder. instead the "sharing" is in the main Morpheus folder. i want to fix this in the registry without reinstalling. when i look in HKEY_USERS\DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\MORPHEUS\LOCAL CONTENT i see one of my shared folders listed as DIR 0 - "012345:e:\Music"(this is ok), underneath that is a key or value to disable sharing "0x00000000(0)" and underneath that DownloadDir - "". i'm guessing this last one is the one i need to alter and i want to make sure i'm putting in the right thing. what makes me pause is the 012345 in front of e:\Music.

2. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

why mess in your HKEYS when you can fix it on Morpheus. Open Morpheus & go to tools/options/traffic & the 2nd # can be changed to 0 if you like. Or, work on whats shared in My Media on morpheus...
    Better yet... set your folders so that it does not find them to share.

FROM MORPHEUS

3. indigowindow

savvylady - the conventional way to resolve this issue is not working. whenever i want to download music, it is directed to the main MORPHEUS folder instead of the MY SHARED FOLDER.

:p

4. kitmac

kitmac

Hi all,

Tried Morpheus/Kazaa for a while and apart from constantly sapping my system resources and being VERY buggy, the fact that it is so user-UNfriendly (like the kind of problem discussed here) made me switch to WinMX.

It is so simple to use, you can unshare/share whatever you like with a couple of clicks, change directories, stream different incoming file types into different directories. Then use whatever Media Player you like to play back the files (unlike Morpeus/Kazaa which I believe locks you into WMP - another system resouces hog).

Search results come back in a few seconds and you can sort them by size, bitrate, user, ping, Connection speed (love T3+!), how many download slots the user has free, etc, etc.

The downloads are resumable (great for large files) and they are stored with their original filenames - not the 'T1-56437... or whatever that Morpheus/Kazaa tags onto them.

Plus you can import OpenNap server lists into the program and get the best of both worlds - WinMX's P2P network AND the OpenNap network (which Music City used to be part of until they realised they could sell advertising by setting up their own proprietry P2P network).

And all with no ads or spyware (as far as I can tell).

I know it might sound like I should be working for WinMX's PR department here, but I just can't understand why people put up with the limitations of Morpheus when there are better products out there.

Best Regards
    Kit

5. indigowindow

kit - i also have winmx, and while it is a great program, i don't very often find the songs i'm looking for. whereas with morpheus i usually find them. can you clarify "import open nap servers"?

meanwhile there's still my original problem.......

6. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

kazaa is full of spyware * spyware will eat up your resources ... however Morpheus will not.

Indigo... I don't know how to do that. I think you'd have to just reinstall the program...maybe delete it...then reinstall but move the MP3's to another file. make a file on the desktop or somewhere.TUNES or something... move them to it til you resolve the problem

7. indigowindow

i typed in the directory path without any fancy numbers in place of " " and then moved a couple of data files into the db folder and it seems to be doing the trick.....so far.....

[​IMG]

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62575

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice