1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mortality

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by ekim68, Apr 16, 2010.

Advertisement
  1. ekim68

ekim68 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Mike
    What would you want your legacy to be? I don't want to be morbid, but life is short...Do you think about your legacy?

For me I'd like to pass through the crowd adding my music and not sounding dissonant.....;)

2. oksteve

oksteve

I used to work for a charity that helped those wishing to remove themselves from life. 99% of them really were just sad about their life or a particular time in their lives. Being able to show another viewpoint to their situation helped them understand that what they were going through was normal and honest and temporary.

So to me life is what you make it. And that it is unfair and tragedy does happen but to take it one day at a time, one moment sometimes. And every day has an end and tomorrow does not have to be as bad as today.

So my legacy hopefully would be, to be remembered with a smile :)

3. hannab

hannab

That's the legacy I'm working on. At times I've wished to remove myself from life, but then try to think outside of myself and what can I do to make someone else's life better, since at that moment mine seems hopeless -and it's amazing how much that helps me.

Anyway, I'm never going to change the world, but I would like to be remembered as someone who realized her many blessings and shared them with others. :)

4. Wino

Wino

I'm just tickled to death I got as long a run as I've had and have no more concern for my legacy than for my eventual demise. Life has been a wonderful thing and a great experience. I'm going to miss it when it ends.:p

My Way written by Paul Anka and sung totally off key by Frank Sinatra pretty much sums it up for me: :)

5. oksteve

oksteve

lol.. its so easy to get sentimental, recite song lyrics and shed a tear for what might have been but being able to remove oneself not from our own egos and self centredness and look at what influence you have had on others lives is far harder.

We are all selfish to a greater or lesser degree and to have the ability to see what others see in us is a rare treat.

Hannab; you did change the world probably in so many ways but not knowing it. We all have, it is not possible to live a life without having some impact on those around us, or even those far removed via this medium for example.
    I am not a religious man we have as much rights and are just as important as any living thing on this world, there is no one greater or lesser than us.

I don't mean to be patronising, its just that when you get to a certain age you have gathered enough experience to be able to know the real truth. That truth about yourself and with practise transcend that ego you have had tethered around your neck for so many years. Mostly a male scourge. Men tend to dominate themselves with it whereas women get dominated by men who have it.
    Not that the fairer sex do not have egos its just that they don't have the physical strength to back it up.So they tend to be more subtle in the ways or persuasion. We bellow and sulk while they quietly plot our downfall. And when it comes... BANG our minds are blown and we blame everyone else but ourselves. Ego again. If only we had fixed that damn shelf way back then...LOL

Anyhoos thats my sermon on the net for today:)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/917209

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice