Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Motel walk in

499 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  RT 
#1 ·
If I walk in to a motel, no reservation and get a room, does my info go out to the big hotel chains or does it just stay with the small motel software. In other words are the big chains and motels software connected?

Thank you

#5 ·
I think that's fair response.

Unless you deal with cash only, lie about your details, the fine print in the privacy policy or terms of agreement that you never read upon checking into a motel, when signing in, leaves you open to the sharing of some of that info.
Most are above board, and honest, some not, but that's why they call it "fine print."

Same goes with any purchase you make on line, or any store that asks you to "sign up" for discounts and "rewards."

It's a marketing thing that's hard to avoid.

#3 ·
@Chief1234 It sounds like you are asking if you rented a room from say Joe's Motel on the side of the interstate as a last minute decision (as most do not leave without booking :)) and you are wondering if Joe will give your personal information to a company like Holiday Inn?

The answer is really, we don't know. I don't think Joe would want to provide their customer's details to other competing companies, unless he is getting paid for it (and hopes you don't see it in the agreement when you rent the room). The other question you may need to ask is if Joe's Motel is affiliated with a chain hotel.

You would probably get mailing from Joe's Motel for specials, which then could be sent by a 3rd party advertiser that would sell your information, or at least use your information for another client of theirs.

There are so many avenues that could arise from your personal data at a motel. When I got a mortgage many years ago, I started to get mailings from other mortgage companies. Same with credit cards...

Note, all my scenarios about Joe's Motel are hypothetical. You would need to check the agreement before signing to rent a room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.