1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

mother board, advice needed

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lancerx, Apr 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lancerx

lancerx Thread Starter

i just decided to build my own pc but i need your advice, wich board do you recommend? i´m planning to build a p4 2.8ghz with 512ddram, mostly for video capture, but, i like pcs to run fast, for exmp, i used to have dell p3 933mhz with 512 sdram and it was a great machine, xp worked flawless, so i want xp to work the same on my new pc. A friend bought a intel board with 2.6 ghz chip and 512 ddram but it seems xp to run sometimes slow, don´t why because he has not many softws installed.

I don´t want to use the pc for games, this is where i want to buy it from:

http://www.newegg.com/app/manufactory.asp?catalog=280&DEPA=1

if i miss anything please let me know.

thanks

2. scmazter

scmazter

Hey.
    U want either a 865PE, 865G or 875P based motherboard, since those are the two fastest mobos for P4 intel processors.
    865P doesn't support DDR400 (if u use it), and any other motherboards dont support 800mhz FSB.

3. lancerx

lancerx Thread Starter

4. scmazter

scmazter

Yop, that's a good one.

5. Shuzzy

Shuzzy

That board should serve you well. I have an intel d865perl board with the 865pe chipset and it runs my p4 3ghz flawlessly

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/223191

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice