1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mother board and bios wont recognize RAM

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jimmer517, Mar 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jimmer517

jimmer517 Thread Starter

I recently tried to upgrade my machine with more RAM. It has an INTEL E210882 mother board. Windows xp home sp2. Currently it only has 256mb in there. I tried to put in 2GB and the BIOS does not even see anything in those slots. Any help would be appreciated.

2. nessyguin

nessyguin

What RAM did you try to instal ? Your motherboard supports DDR 400 MHz, DDR 333 MHz and DDR 266 MHz DIMMs - aka PC3200 , PC2700, PC2100 .

3. jimmer517

jimmer517 Thread Starter

It's PC2700 DDR SDRAM well thats what it aid on E-Bay when i bought it. Funny thing is the Bios doesn't seee it either does my computer but when i run CPUID it sees (2) 256MBM cards in those slots. And my original 2(128) cards that are also in there.

4. win2kpro

win2kpro

You need to post the model of your board. E210882 is not a model number, it is a UL file number.

If you don't know what motherboard you have go here; http://www.gtopala.com/siw-download.html

and download SIW 1.73 (Standalone). This is an executable that doesn't have to be installed on your machine. Just download it to the desktop and launch the application. After the application launches click on Motherboard in the left pane, and when the right hand side pane opens see what information it gives you for the board. Post the Motherboard Information.

If you want to delete SIW 1.73 (Standalone) just right click on the desktop icon and delete it. You may want to keep it since it is handy for finding information for your machine.

5. jimmer517

jimmer517 Thread Starter

I use something else called CPUID but i still have my model number its... D865GLC

6. win2kpro

win2kpro

Buying memory off eBay can be "iffy" at best. Obviously since the memory you installed is not being recognized by BIOS there is some incompatibility.

I suggest that you go to either www.crucial.com or www.kingston.com and use their configurator to get the correct memory. Use the Intel D865GLC board in either the Crucial or Kingston configurator, and they will show all memory that is compatible with your board.

Both companies guarantee compatibility, and have a lifetime warranty.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/698419

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice