1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mother Board beeping

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BrinSaz, Jun 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BrinSaz

BrinSaz Thread Starter

My mother board is beeping (not always continously) when i re-boot, hold down the reset button, and during normal use.
    Put a new fan etc in as i thought that it may be a heat problem, but it hasnt solved the situation.
    Can anyone help please.
    Many thanks

:confused:

2. active95

active95

Describe the beeps... as in low/high tone short/long etc...

3. max 8

max 8

Are you able to get into windows and use the pc or do you just get beeps?

How many beeps and how longs are they?

We need more info please.

4. BrinSaz

BrinSaz Thread Starter

The beeping comes and gos at random, sometimes for 10 to 15 seconds on booting up or on othertimes they contine for an hour or so, they are short & evenly spaced high pitched beeps, sometimes going quieter for a short while then get loud again.

The problem does not happen everytime i use the computer but seems to happen spasmodically, if i hold in the reset button they start straight away and continue until i let the computer boot up again.

I can run windows 98 normally although it does seem to go slower on booting up and when running programs.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/83917