1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mother Board Help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ghosty, Jun 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ghosty

ghosty Thread Starter

I am tryin to build new computer and have bought a AMD athlon XP 2700,
    MSI K7N2 Delta mother board New Midi tower case 256DDR ram new WD80Gig HD and my 128Gig AGP video card also have transfered my exisiting DVD cd rom and CD/RW cd rom into the case also my old 20Gig HD which has Win ME on it which is set to master and the new one is set to slave and is formatted and partioned my problem lies here in when i turn the computer on it doesnt beep and just hang i have checked all the jumper settings for the board and have also cleared the bios in hope of it starting now this is the hard part this is the second motherboard i have had the first did the same so sent it back and this replacement one does the same *nothing* it just doesnt want to go into the bios all leads have been checked and triple checked any ideas and help would be grateful

2. Sponsor

3. ghosty

ghosty Thread Starter

my video card from my other computer is a 128gig Nvideo AGP card but it is not DDR ram could this be the problem have been having a nevous breakdown on why it wont boot at all

4. Firah

Firah

Strip down and start over with M/B, CPU, PSU, RAM and Video only.

How did you get to partition and format the new drive?

5. ghosty

ghosty Thread Starter

i had formatted the new disk with this old computer first with WD data lifegaurd i hd fond the main problem was that a game i had installed earlier was casing conflicts so uninstalled it then rebooted and PNP found mygraphics card ok many thanks

6. brite750

brite750

Could be something stupid like a dead bios battery, worth a try. Actually I think that would a least give you an error message.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/244799